Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meal time




On Friday we decided we were going to try and be authentic. We went to on Japanese restaurant it was full so we just walked into another. They did offer us an English menu but it didn't really help a lot. Even though it is in English I am not sure what beef habuyaki is, or what constitutes pork fondue? After we ordered them we found out that they were dished that you cook at the table and they were actually pretty good. Even Ashlynn enjoyed the egg drop soup.




Saturday came the kids decided that they wanted something American for breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes were on dock. I agreed knowing that April had been shopping and bought some pancake mix I agreed. We got the table cleaned up and I found the mix and flipped over the bag to read the instructions and .........I had no idea what it said. I finally found in the upper left corner a picture that looked like egg, milk, the mix, and a bowl however there were four lines, I couldn't tell if I needed oil or not but we decided to embark. I found the measuring cup for what looked like 200g of mix opened the bag to be reminded that I now live in Japan. The pancake mix bag had four separate bags premeasured and sealed at 200g a piece. We mixed the batter hopeing that fourth line wasn't important. (and it wasn't they were very good pancakes).


We also had our 13th Anniversary this week but I will leave that meal experience for another day, it was one we will never forget.


No comments: