Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bridget!

Well, it's official. Bridget is now 5, and she has had three opportunities to blow out candles from a cake. The first one I made the night before we left for Disney, and it was a disaster (Hope Lori Gilmore's not reading...) I guess I put too much oil into the mix, then added more flour, and well, it had several earthquakes in it by the time it was fully cooled. Then I discovered I hadn't brought powdered sugar with me, so I was searching online for recipes for frosting made with marshmallow creme... the kids loved the end product, anyway!
This cake was much better, and custom made for us as a gift from the Hilton Tokyo Bay (it helps to stay a few weeks at the Nagoya Hilton, you become friendly with the general manager there). Anyway, we had a great time at Tokyo Disneyland.

No comments: